Petersen Museum Build - SUPERFINK

Who could forget those wild Monsters like Wild Child, MrGasser, Junkyard Kid, Mother's Worry, etc...? Share your Monster memories, pictures, toys, models, decals, shirts, etc....

Moderator: weldonmc

weldonmc

Petersen Museum Build - SUPERFINK

Post by weldonmc » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:55 am

Superfink is one of my favorite kits. Not only a great kit ...Superfink's arms, feet, tale, tongue, R.F.Hat, lend themself to create super details combining them with other Fink kits.

All the pieces were removed from the sprue ...cleaned up, test fitted, and cemented together. The figure will be mounted to the skateboard with a small brass screw. In the first picture you can see the bottom of the right foot traced onto the top of the skateboard. This was done to help locate the screw, the plastic locating pin, and the plastic tabs cemented inside the foot. A small hole for screw and one for the rod, were drilled from the topside. The foot placed back on the skateboard and holes were drilled up through the bottom into the tabs in the foot. Now the holes in the skateboard can be opened up to the right sizes.

The engine received a plug wire and boot, along with a fuel line, made from small plastic coated wire. The plug boot was a sleeve cut from a larger plastic coated wire and slipped over the smaller one. A gas cap was made from a slice of plastic tubing and slipped over the filler tube.

The hand throttle was made from small plastic tubing, a piece of .100 plastic rod, and wire. The cable is a piece of .035 plastic rod and will mount to the engine on the skateboard. The extension of the leg from the foot up was made from plast tubing and rod. It wiil be slid up the leg to stabilize the figure and add strength at the ankle.

More to come ...Weldon
Last edited by weldonmc on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

weldonmc

READY FOR PAINT

Post by weldonmc » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 am

SCUZ FINK is up and ready for paint.

Image Image

The two front teeth were molded together and were seperated with an Exacto saw blade then filed smooth giving SUPERFINK a "Liar's Gap"

The three center toes on both feet were molded together in the kit. They were seperated with a saw blade then filed with jewelers files to make each toe separate from the others.

Image Image

The hand held throttle control is attached to the two center fingers with a short piece of 22ga floral wire bent into a u-shape.
I wanted all the bases to match so they are all made from 1/8" masonite. Two holes were drilled through the base and mated to the bottom of the rear wheels. The skateboard will be mounted to the base with (2) 1/2 x 2 brass screws.
The cape straps were heated with a hair dryer and bent down slightly too.

More to come ...Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

weldonmc

SUPERFINK - Mar. 6, '09

Post by weldonmc » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 am

Here are a few pictures of SUPERFINK. This was brush painted with acrylic paints then stained with an oil based Walnut stain. A Matte varnish was used as the top coat to protect the paint from rubbing off. The eyes, teeth, tongue, lips, finger and toenails, received a coat are two of a high gloss nail polish.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hope you like him. Looks like FINK ELIMNATOR will be the next kit ...Weldon