"Stealin' da Cheese" Fink Project

If it is about Rat Fink, it goes in here! Share your Finkster memories, pictures, toys, models, decals, shirts, etc....

Moderator: weldonmc

weldonmc

"Stealin' da Cheese" Fink Project

Post by weldonmc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:12 am

Hey …being the FINKSTERS and FINKSTERETTS that you all are …I’ve been working on a project I thought you might be interested in taking a look at ..."Stealin' da Cheese Fink".

I'm building this for Hank Rescigno in Illinois. My inspiration came from a similar built-up Rat Fink by Jim Johnson posted on Chuck Kaparich’s website ..."THANK YOU Jim". I removed the arms and hands from the Revell Rat Fink body and used BONDO for the first time on a model. I am impressed with the way that it is working out as well as the fit up and the overall look. The cheese is Sculpy Clay that I’m still playing with for size and shape. I’m making a “better Rat Trap” …I wanted it smaller than Jim’s Rat Trap but larger than a mousetrap. Still debating about what to do with his tail too ...I kinda like it running under his left foot. I made the Sledge-O-Matic from limbs I trimmed from shrubs. The material I used on the ends of the mallet is pieces of an old chamois my Dad had. The arms, hands, and feet are from Superfink that have been pie-cut in several places to develope "the pose". I'm working on the trap some more tonight and hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
UPDATE July 20, 2006

Finished ...Here he is with his base/walls, Black/Gray hair, drool, the smashed "Last Ride" Rat Trap, tail bandage, and fly!

As always ...it's been a BLAST building this one too!!

Hope you like it ...Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon