12" Poly-Resin Rat Fink Statue

If it is about Rat Fink, it goes in here! Share your Finkster memories, pictures, toys, models, decals, shirts, etc....

Moderator: weldonmc

weldonmc

12" Poly-Resin Rat Fink Statue

Post by weldonmc » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:45 am

This is one of the custom made statues for the promotion of the new movie "TALES OF THE RAT FINK" by filmaker Ron Mann. They were made for THE RAT FINK PRESERVATION PARTNERSHIP and presented to several artist to assemble, paint, and change any way they wanted to. I was fortunate and very honored to be one of them. They make their 1st appearance at the premier opening of the movie in Austin, Texas at the Continental Club Lounge, Mar. 9-12, 2006 . Their 2nd appearance will be in Los Angeles at the Peterson Museum in Sept. 2006.
The casting is a remarkable piece of work ...the fit-up is excellent. I painted and assembled this one ..."Old School" style, taking my inspiration from the '63 Revell Rat Fink model box top. I made the tongue, added the drool, and the fly. The BIG DADDY/ Rat Fink cut-out came from the same box but it is 1-1/2 times enlarged.

UPDATE: Dec. 23rd, 06
...It's in the new book "RAT FINK'S REVENGE The Custom Monster Collection" on page 72.

I hope you like it…Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon