Resin Surf Rat Fink

If it is about Rat Fink, it goes in here! Share your Finkster memories, pictures, toys, models, decals, shirts, etc....

Moderator: weldonmc

weldonmc

Resin Surf Rat Fink

Post by weldonmc » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:50 am

I painted this for a new friend and ERW member ...Mike Spinelli. He makes minature surfboards out of Maple and Walnut with the SURFER'S Cross routed into the top like this statue and wanted me to paint this one up for his collection of Rat Fink stuff. The resin statue had the typical pin holes, poorly formed lips, and missing teeth. Everything was corrected with Aves Apoxy Sculpt, then primed with a White enamel primer. The base around the surfboarde was made a little larger so a few clumps of beach grass could be added for a little more detail. Acrylic Craft paints were brushed on , then an oil based Mohagony stain was used to bring out all of the details. Everytyhing was topped of with a coat of Matte Varnish to protect the paint from rubbing off when handled. The surfboard then received a couple coats of a catalyzed automotive clear to give it the fresh waxed look.

Image Image Image Image Image

Mike was generous enough to send me one of his handmade minature surfboards for doing this for him ...TOO MUCH! It is one FINE piece and is certainly one of the neatest things I have.
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon