Big Daddy's Autograph for me!

Share your flashbacks and reminiscences of the man we call "Big Daddy".

Moderator: weldonmc

weldonmc

Big Daddy's Autograph for me!

Post by weldonmc » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:56 pm

Back in 1990 Big Daddy had a Rat Fink Reunion at a car show at Fort Fisher Park in Waco, Texas. I purchased one of his painted 12" x 18" wooden Rat Finks and was anxious to get his signature on the back of it. Roth was busy at the time signing one of the wooden RF’s for a little guy about 8 years old. He was standing there with his Dad watching Roth work. I walked up and joined the 2 onlookers as Roth striped the whole back of the item really laying down some good curly Q’s and stuff …top to bottom/ side to side, 3 colors, the boys name, and a big Ed “Big Daddy” Roth signature to finish it off …NICE! I watched him for 15-20 minutes as he created a 12” x 18” pinstriped masterpiece for the little guy …cutting up with him all the time. Finally when he was through …Roth looked up at me and asked if he could help me. I asked him if he would sign my RF too! Big Daddy gave me a BIG smile and said ”Sure will…”
…I think I have the smallest hand painted “Roth ’90” ever made …3/16” x 7/8”.

ImageImage
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon