Itsonlyakit........intro

Shout out to all the Finksters!! Tell a little about yourself and what got you interested in Big Daddy.

Moderator: weldonmc

itsonlyakit

Itsonlyakit........intro

Post by itsonlyakit » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 am

Built my first Roth Monster, "Mothers Worry" back in '64. At high school we would paint on old sweatshirts using Testors enamels, images from the Roth catalog. It was tough using a magna-jector to enlarge and draw onto a sweatshirt because the heat of the lamp would distort the image. Roth and his stuff was so cool. Fast forward and Rat Fink still rules, Von Dutch is now a designers' name, HUH ? I have most off the cars to build and have done a few monsters in the past 6 years. Have three books on Ed Roth, very helpful
resources. Hope to contribute to this site now that I have found it. Have lots to build now, even a new "Mothers Worry".
Cheers Eh!

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi itsonlyakit ...glad that you fopund EdRpothWorld. Syou go back back almost to the start ...those were fun and happy times. wasm't trying to make your own Tees fun? ...we just couldn't come up with a couple of bucks to buy one.Glad you're here so post when you can ...Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon