Hello Fellow Finksters

Shout out to all the Finksters!! Tell a little about yourself and what got you interested in Big Daddy.

Moderator: weldonmc

vmaxdreamer

Hello Fellow Finksters

Post by vmaxdreamer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 am

Hello Fellow Finksters.
My name is Chip Fisher and I was introduced to Ed Roth via a magazine growing up in Atlanta, Georgia in the late Fifties My eyes popped out when I saw the Excalibur later renamed the Outlaw. Finally got me a T-bucket roadster . Had a 283 Chevy engine. Easy to outrun my friends cars since the the thing didn't weigh anything. My Chemistry teacher caught me drawing weirdos and tried to embarrass me in front of the class "Do you want to grow up and be a weirdo?" To my classmates laughter I said "YES"
I am 63 retired from Bell South living in Florida and a Pastor so that still makes me a weirdo in the eyes of the world. I still love Ed Roth and all his original creations. Finally got to meet him in Reno during "Hot August Nights" before He passed. My wife thought I was NUTS when I was too shy to ask for an Autograph. So She asked for me Not only did I get an autograph but tons of Pictures with Big Daddy.
Best day of my life.

Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:19 am

Nice to see yet another fink lover signing on, 3 in one week!

I can dig the apprehension of talking to BD, guy could be imposing!
Cool you got to meet him.

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:33 am

Hey Chip ...and Ron ...Nice to meet you ...looking forward to seeing some of your photos ...Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon