Hey All/Any

Shout out to all the Finksters!! Tell a little about yourself and what got you interested in Big Daddy.

Moderator: weldonmc

Wcben

Hey All/Any

Post by Wcben » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:15 am

I had know about Ed but didn’t know him well, first met him in’84 in Columbus Oh at the Street Rod Nationals, Ed was painting at shirt, I just stood and watched for half an hour before getting the courage to talk to him... he was great! We talked for awhile, by the time we were done, it was like he was an old friend. I’d asked him if would would stripe my ‘46 Mercury coupe when I finished her, he said “sure”, reached in the pocket of his tshirt and handed me his business card! The best part, he had paint all over his hands from painting the shirt, it left a perfect fingerprint on the back of his card!!! I still have it. Three years later, Ed and I had talked a few times, I had bought a new Jeep, we agreed to meet at the Canadian Street Rod Nats and he would stripe my Jeep! Long story shorter, we did/ he did! We kept in touch for years after, he tried to convince me to move to Victorville CA.... just too far from home for me. When I heard he was gone, in “my circle” Only my dad who had spent the weekend with me and Ed in Canada understood what the world had lost... still miss you Ed!