RoboFink Sculpt WIP

Post your creations here.

Moderator: weldonmc

Finkenstein

RoboFink Sculpt WIP

Post by Finkenstein » Mon May 21, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm back.... I found another picture online that inspired me to do a new Fink sculpt. I'm going to call this one the RoboFink. I'll be able to put Big Daddy himself into this one. I plan to put lights in the eyes and nose of the robot too. I will post progress pics when I get started.

I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 pm

WOW!...this is going to be great Finkentein. May I borrow your pictutre and put some color to it?
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 pm

weldonmc wrote:WOW!...this is going to be great Finkentein. May I borrow your pictutre and put some color to it?
Thanks Weldon, sure go right ahead. I'm thinking of making the robot look kinda rusty and rat rod'ish with some old car parts thrown into him here and there.
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Color RoboFink

Post by weldonmc » Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 pm

I decided to color up ol' RF up in BRASS ...so he could have some BRASS B _ _ LS!

I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Mon May 21, 2012 11:01 pm

I like it! I may have to come up with some kind of brass finish to put on the old boy. There used to be some stuff called Rub-N-Buff that came out of a tube. That had a pretty good looking metallic Brass look.
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 am

I think I've seen some "RUB-N-BUFF" just recently at my local Hobby Lobby store. I suppose real robots were made from aluminum but I like the BRASS too. Good Luck with your project ...can't wait to see what you do with it ...Weldon

Last edited by weldonmc on Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 am

I have a change I think I'm going to make. Back in the 80s I got my hands on one of the old Rat Fink kits where he was on the little chopper, but the chopper was missing from the kit. I just had the Rat Fink figure so I built and painted the figure and repositioned the left arm and hand down. Then I sculpted a dead Mickey Mouse figure and had Rat Fink holding Mickey upside down by the tail in his right hand. I think I'm going to do the same thing with RoboFink. (I just can't leave poor Mickey alone) What do you think of the idea Weldon?

Roger
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue May 22, 2012 2:32 am

RoboFink squeezin' Micky's head? ...ya gotta do it that way ...ha!

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue May 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi Weldon
What do ya think of this one?

Last edited by Finkenstein on Tue May 22, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

MOST EXCELLENT!...I think you've got it with that one Roger. You did a great job with the drawing too.