Rat Fink sculpt

Post your creations here.

Moderator: weldonmc

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 pm

What a GREAT piece of art you've created from Johnny Crap's painting. The sculpted pieces and all of the painting is most excellent!
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Well the Rat Fink is finally finished here are the pictures.

I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 pm

You nailed it BROTHER! ...too Freakin' cool! ...EXCELLENT execution!
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks for the comments Weldon, the only thing I don't like about the dio is the cotton fire coming from the headers. I just could not think of a good way to model fire, I think the smoke looks pretty good though.
I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:35 pm

I've seen smoke made with the spray foam insulation material that looks really good. I have never tried it but I plan on it one of these days. I have used the stretch cobweb that is available now ...check out the "CHICKEN SHIFT' sculpt in the MONSTER FAN ART forum. Also you can see ashot of the inulation foam smoke in this foum under "Mr. Gasser" Up Grade.

fertooos

Re: Rat Fink sculpt

Post by fertooos » Thu May 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Will do Weldon, I was thinking about useing the body from a 1/18 scale diecast deuce that I have but I decided I want to do the car in the style of the old kits like "Mother's Worry". So I'm going to do the car body, tires and all three figures in Sculpey.