Rat Fink sculpt

Post your creations here.

Moderator: weldonmc

Finkenstein

Rat Fink sculpt

Post by Finkenstein » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:34 pm

I found a picture on line yesterday that I really like so I think I'm going to try to do a model of it. It has our finky friend in a deuce with Mini Mouse and a very unhappy Micky running after them. This is the picture. I will post a few pics when I get started.

I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:36 pm

FINKENSTEIN ...that will be to cool! Please send progress photos as you go. I am in awe of anyone that can sculpt ...I've tried and tried but just can't do it. That's a great photo too ...artist Johnny Crap does same amzing stuff himself.

Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Will do Weldon, I was thinking about useing the body from a 1/18 scale diecast deuce that I have but I decided I want to do the car in the style of the old kits like "Mother's Worry". So I'm going to do the car body, tires and all three figures in Sculpey. I'll scratch build the frame and use a 1/10 scale blown hemi model kit engine for it. I have started a styrofoam mold to sculpt the 32 deuce body on after I get it into the rough shape I'll cover it in aluminum foil and apply the Sculpey to it. Then I'll bake it and the body will be ready. I will post some pics when the body is done.

Roger
Edgar Allan Poe

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Well my experiment worked the Sculpey body is started I made a Styrofoam mold for the body wrapped it in aluminum foil and put the Sculpey on the mold. I still have to sand it and add the details like the trim and fire wall but it's a start.
I also have Rat Fink's head done here are some pictures.

Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:40 am

That's amazing. You've got a great start on your project. Thanks for these pics too.
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:29 pm

I did a little more sculpting last night finished up the Rat's head and got started on Mickie and Minnie.

Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm

PROGRESS! ...Lookin' good. How big do you think the finished piece will be when completed?

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:47 am

Hi Weldon

I'm useing parts from a 1/18 scale diecast Deuce that I've had for a long time I have all of the parts ready except for the 1/10 scale engine. I measured the car with the figures in it and it stands 7 inches tall and 8 1/2 long. The figures are all finished except for Rat Fink's hands and some sanding and painting. I'm useing the frame, front end, interior, wind shield and front wheels from the diecast. I may use the radiator cowl and head lights too. I made some huge slicks out of Sculpey and I'm working on the body now. I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

Roger
Edgar Allan Poe

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Well here are the latest pictures it's coming together. I'm holding Mickie up for the pics. I still have to do a lot of sanding on the body.

Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 am

Roger that's lookin' great! The figures are coming along great too. Good size. Great pictures ...thanks.