Rat Fink sculpt

Post your creations here.

Moderator: weldonmc

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:56 am

I finally got the engine in the Fink's Deuce I have run out of Sculpey so I have to get some before I can finish Rat Fink and start painting the car body and figures. I had to stretch the frame to get the motor to fit but it looks pretty good in there. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Here are the pictures I promised the other day the car is about done I still have to get more Sculpey to finish the figures.

Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 am

Man it's a lookin' good! ...and you make it look so easy too ...and THANKS for thge update of your progress.
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks Weldon, I just finished sculpting the figures and started painting them today. I had to redo Rat Fink's ears because they started drooping the last time I baked him. The three figures should be done by the weekend, then I'll get started on the base, the fire coming from the headers and the tire smoke. I'll post more pictures when the figures are painted.
Edgar Allan Poe

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I have finished the Deuce, Rat Fink and Minnie. I'm not finished painting Mickey yet, here are the pictures.

Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 pm

What a GREAT piece of art you've created from Johnny Crap's painting. The sculpted pieces and all of the painting is most excellent!
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Well the Rat Fink is finally finished here are the pictures.

Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 pm

You nailed it BROTHER! ...too Freakin' cool! ...EXCELLENT execution!

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks for the comments Weldon, the only thing I don't like about the dio is the cotton fire coming from the headers. I just could not think of a good way to model fire, I think the smoke looks pretty good though.
Edgar Allan Poe

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:35 pm

I've seen smoke made with the spray foam insulation material that looks really good. I have never tried it but I plan on it one of these days. I have used the stretch cobweb that is available now ...check out the "CHICKEN SHIFT' sculpt in the MONSTER FAN ART forum. Also you can see ashot of the inulation foam smoke in this foum under "Mr. Gasser" Up Grade.