Hi from Oklahoma City, Ok.

Shout out to all the Finksters!! Tell a little about yourself and what got you interested in Big Daddy.

Moderator: weldonmc

OKCmike

Hi from Oklahoma City, Ok.

Post by OKCmike » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:18 am

Glad to find a forum specifically for Ed Roth theme art. I'm elderly (60 yr.s) old and built all the old Ed Roth cars and finks back in the day, along with doing some original drawings based on his characters back then. I got back into modeling after semi-retiring in 2008 and thought I'd get back into it since I have lots of time for it now. I kinda got side tracked somewhat from styrene due to discovering Garage Kit resin models. Now that I've got 20 or so resin kits done, I've gotten back into my first love for styrene which was mainly in all those crazy character model from the 60's, including Weird-Ohs, Silly Surfers, Frantic's, and of course the best, E.R.'s Rat Finks. I recognize names here from a lot of the other forums, it is a small world after all and I realize this might not be the most active forum, due to a small niche genre type area, that's ok, we do what we can to keep it alive. I'll post some photo's tomorrow of my latest built which y'all might have already seen on other forum, but what the hell. L8TR!

Regards,

Michael Bilbrey/OKCmike

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Hey Michael ...Welcome to EdRothWorld.com ...glad to see you here. Please post photos of everything you have as I would love to see them...HECK ...it'll give you something else to do with your FREE TIME!

Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Welcome aboard Mike I'm not far behind you I'll be 56 on the 22nd our history sounds about the same. I used to build the kits and copy Big Daddy's art when I was a kid. I lived in southern California in the 60s so the Fink was every where. I'm glad you joined us here.
Roger :D
I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe