Stuff from the New Guy

Post your creations here.

Moderator: weldonmc

OKCmike

Stuff from the New Guy

Post by OKCmike » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Well, for my first post here, I'll show what few styrenes I've done starting with my latest. Used a 1/12 scale Revell "Chain Gang Chopper" kit with 1/8 scale rear wheel, Weird-Oh's Davy body and Rat Fink vinyl head. Plan on adding some more fine details when my refill of Aves apoxy sculpt arrives such as back pockets on jeans with biker wallet and chain running up to and under leather jacket. Also going to try and make some decals on my printer such as Harley wings, 1%er etc. patches. First photo is artwork used for inspiration.

Here's ol Fred:

Here's a kitbash I'm sure Weldon recognizes, I forget who he copied it from, but I copied his version, my favorite.

This is my first styrene kitbash, copied from an article in Amazing Figure Modeler Mag. by Jim Bergets. Used Hawk's Frantic Banana, Heroclix and Hororclix game pieces and other assorted items for the mini models and details. This was a real fun one to do.

Lastly Park's reissue of Born Loser, Adolf Hitler, my first venture back into styrene.

Well, that's it fer now, I have other projects in mind, however, I'm currently working on some airplanes for a museum that I have to finish before gettin back to the really fun stuff. Thanks for lookin'.

weldonmc

Post by weldonmc » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:54 am

GREAT STUFF Mike! ...started out with one of my colored ROTH drawings ...too cool and happy it inspired you to create your work of art. Those RF antenna toppers scream with detail don't they?. The other details that you mention will certainly top this assembly off.

Stanley "MOUSE" Milller's FredFlypogger is lookin' really good ...gotta love ball of those kits.You've done a really nice job on youurs too.

Your "STEALIN" da CHEESE" Fink came out great too. I like the colors that you chose. Jim Johnson was th other fellow's name. Here is a link to a pic of his version:
http://kaparich.homestead.com/gallery.html

I thought the bakground stuff in your model room photo was real. There are a whole bunch of details to keep your wondering with this build ....great job on this build up as well.

Thanks for show these Mike!

Weldon
I have been a FINKSTER since 1963. I enjoy building, painting, and restoring all of Roth's Monster models ...Weldon

OKCmike

Post by OKCmike » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:57 am

Hey thanks Weldon, I didn't relize that artwork of the scooter ratfink was your doing until I saw it reviewing old posts here on your site. I love the look of that drawing! Let me get back to looking at all the stuff here and see what else I can rip off! lol. Thanks for the welcome.

Finkenstein

Post by Finkenstein » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi Mike!
I'm glad to see that you found this forum Great for all things Fink, thats some fantastic stuff you have done there. I really like the model room I have always wanted to do something like that. Keep the pics comming
Roger
I became insane...with long intervals of horrible sanity...
Edgar Allan Poe