Hello from Kansas City

Shout out to all the Finksters!! Tell a little about yourself and what got you interested in Big Daddy.

Moderator: weldonmc

ellis

Hello from Kansas City

Post by ellis » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:58 pm

My name is Ellis (first name) and I'm in the Kansas City, Missouri Metro area. I was born in 1948 (you do the math) and grew up going to car shows and putting model cars together. My heroes were all the great customizers of the 50's, 60's, and 70's - Roth, Starbird, Winfield, etc.

My first connection with Big Daddy was through model kits and monster shirts. Then, in August of 1964, I got to see the Mysterion at the Missouri State Fair. It was painted Lime Green Metalflake at the time and it may have well been the last public appearance for it before it disappeared.

Fast forward to 1993 at a Kansas City Custom Car Show and I finally got to meet Big Daddy at his booth selling his stuff and there was the Surfite right across the aisle from his booth. I bought a set of B&W Monster Art Trading cards from him which he signed.

I'm still a big bubble top and metalflake painted Kustom car lover. Never been able to have one for real, but I still build the scale models of them!
"If you can out Metalflake Paint and a Bubble Top on it, ya' got sumpthin'!"